Have you been putting off having your roof replaced?
Are you worried about the cost?
Rest assured at Above & Beyond Roofing we never replace a roof before its time. In your free roofing analysis, we’ll be straight about what you need and how much life is left in your existing roof. Then we’ll give you the options.
Here’s what you need to know about roof replacement as a homeowner.
Roof Replacement Options for Budget-minded Homeowners
Your home is likely your largest investment and because of that, you want to ensure it’s protected from the elements. One of the easiest ways to do that is to keep a good, solid protection on it.
How long a roof lasts depends largely on three things:
- Climate/weather in the area of the home
- Materials/type of roof
We only have control over the latter two of those items but let’s take a moment to talk about how they affect your roof.
Omaha Weather and Your Roof
Omaha can be brutal when it comes to storm damage so keeping an eye on the condition of your roof is essential to getting the longest life out of it. Occasional replacement or repair of shingles will extend the service time of your roof, maximizing your investment and minimizing the money you’ll spend over the time you own your home.
Quality Roofing Materials
The type of roof you have and the quality of the materials will affect your roof’s ability to withstand storms, wear and tear, and strong winds. Most roofs come with a manufacturer’s warranty on materials that’s why it’s important to buy them from a reputable company. More about that under workmanship.
While the average roof should last you at least 15 years (hopefully more), if you notice shingles in your yard or can see curled or missing shingles, it’s time to call a roofing professional to assess the condition of your roof.
Above & Beyond Workmanship
Another component of a quality roof that is within your control is the person you hire to install it. Quality workmanship is of the utmost importance to the warranty. A warranty can be voided if the product was not properly installed. Select a professional roofing company that works with high-quality materials and knows how to install them.
Homeowners are often surprised that many roofing issues are actually caused by sub-par installs.
7 Signs You (Could) Need New Roofing Omaha!
The only way to know if you need a full roof replacement—and not a repair—is to conduct a professional roof assessment. But here are a few ways to know that it’s time to call someone in to take a look at your roof:
- Your roof is over ten years old. Omaha storms put our roofs to work. If your roof is over a decade old, it’s time to evaluate it.
- Shingles in your yard. These roofing components don’t show up by accident. If they’re in your yard, they probably were blown off your roof, leaving a gap in your roofing protection.
- You can see curling and popped up shingles from the ground. Good protection lies flat. If you see something sticking up in a direction no other shingles are going, you could be at a risk for leaks.
- You see hail damage like divots and pockmarks on your roof. While this doesn’t always indicate a loss of coverage, it’s best to leave it to a roofing professional to figure it out.
- There’s a visible leak in your home and water is entering it.
- You see a discoloration on the wood in your attic.
- Your roof accessories/elements are pulled away, dented or otherwise impaired. It’s not only your shingles that can pose a problem. The fascia, vents, and gutters can indicate roofing problems as well. While a full roof replacement may not be needed, roofing elements that are impaired can cause unknown leaks that contribute to hidden damage.
The Danger of What You Don’t Know About Your Roof
Sometimes it’s fortunate to spring a leak. It forces you to address an issue (your aging roof) and get it evaluated. Some leaks are also easy patches.
The true danger lies in the leaks you don’t know about. Leaks that allow water to flow down a roofing joist can be causing problems without you seeing the actual damage. Extensive issues in your attic can be occurring long before the water enters your living space.
Periodic assessments are the only way to ensure your home isn’t undergoing slow damage to its structural integrity.
It’s not uncommon with our Omaha storms and driving winds to see rain that blows sideways. Rain that would never get in during a gentle shower can work its way into attics during those powerful Omaha storms.
The Above & Beyond Roofing Difference
What can you expect from a roofing company with a name like Above & Beyond?
We provide quality roofing at affordable prices. We will:
- Send out a roofing professional to assess the condition of your roof at NO cost to you.
- Give you a free written estimate on what it will take to restore your roof, whether that be a full roofing replacement or a spot repair.
- Walk you through the process before work begins. We want each of our customers to understand the level of work that will be completed.
- Understand your interests. If you’re ready to upgrade your existing roof with something to give your home greater curb appeal, we can help.
No one wants to spend money on a new roof. We get it.
Putting it off too long and not getting your home’s roof checked periodically can lead to costly repairs that needn’t have happened. Just as you get your car serviced before you have an issue, it’s good practice in the Omaha area to have your roof assessed periodically.
When leaks occur, they don’t fix themselves. And unless the water leak is coming into your living space you may be unaware of it. A licensed roofing specialist can assess areas you don’t normally check, like your attic, for signs of water damage.
Left unchecked a leak can begin to weaken supports and create mold issues.
No one wants that either. Your roofing Omaha is too important to ignore.
Give yourself peace of mind and call us today at (402)-661-0294 or fill in the form on your right for your free evaluation.