Siding is a low-maintenance exterior solution for your home. It increases curb appeal and can restore a tired look to its former beauty. But who should you work with on something so important? We’ve been told that we are the siding contractor Omaha NE families believe in, trust and count on to do the job correctly.
Whether you’re replacing your existing siding or adding/upgrading siding to your home, there are only a few reasons why you’d think about your siding at all.
Update Your Home’s Curb Appeal
When most people think of siding, they think of vinyl siding in a neutral color. While that’s the most common, there’s so much more to siding than that.
Siding comes in an array of colors and textures for your home. There’s:
- Insulated vinyl siding
- Metal (steel and aluminum) siding
- Textured siding like fiber cement, wooden shake and wood siding, brick, stucco, and stone
For most homeowners, vinyl siding and metal siding are the most popular options. When it comes to metal siding, we specialize in steel for its durability.
Pros and Cons of Affordable Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding is one of the most popular options for Omaha homeowners (and builders) because of its affordability (much less expensive than wood, fiber cement, and the other textured siding types) and lifespan. In most communities, about 30% of homes with siding use vinyl siding.
Most homeowners are surprised when they view the vinyl siding and trim color options. There are also multiple installation designs available such as horizontal or vertical siding panels and decorative options like Dutch lap, shakes, beaded, and fish scale designs.
Some homeowners worry that vinyl siding will make their home look plain but there are a number of design elements available for added curb appeal.
Benefits of Vinyl Siding:
- Energy efficiency
- Little to no routine maintenance
- Multiple colors and design options
- Manufacturer’s warranty
Cons to Vinyl Siding
- It’s water-resistant but not water-proof so expert installation is essential.
- Like other building materials, it is not hail-resistant. Omaha homeowners should be aware that hail storms can cause damage. Checking it after a big storm is always a good idea.
- Vinyl siding is not easy to paint so make sure you select a color you love.
Pros and Cons of Steel Siding
Steel siding is a larger upfront investment than vinyl siding but it provides a much more durable protection from wind, rain, and fire. Plus, it has a modern design element even though it’s been on the market for a while. Today’s steel siding is much different than the original aluminum siding that was so prone to dents and scratches. This product is much thicker and provides better protection.
Benefits of Steel Siding
- It protects against the elements as well as insects, mold, and rot. It will not blow off and it offers some protection against fire.
- No fading, chipping, cracking, or peeling even in harsh summer heat and cold winters.
- Durability: it’s thicker and stronger than vinyl and comes in several color options.
- Energy efficiency: keep warm air in during winter and cool air in the summer.
Cons of Steel Siding
- It’s a higher cost than vinyl both for the materials and the installation.
- Since steel can rust, it is absolutely essential you use a siding installation expert to ensure proper sealing and installation.
- People still confuse it with aluminum, which is prone to dents and scratches. Because of that, many think it’s not ideal for the Omaha area. This simply isn’t true.
Restore Your Home’s Exterior After A Storm
The other primary reason beyond aesthetics and the beauty or curb appeal of your home to think about your siding is because of the many storms we experience here. When you least need it, a storm can come by and leave significant damage to your home’s exterior. So much of the work we do that makes us a siding contractor Omaha families trust and do business with is driven by the need to restore homes after the storm.
If you’re ready to upgrade your existing siding, change out design elements on the exterior of your home, install new siding, or improve the energy efficiency of your home, or just need to have your siding fixed after a storm, contact Above & Beyond Roofing at (402)-661-0294 or fill out the form on this page for a convenient appointment.
How Do You Become The Siding Contractor Omaha NE Families Trust?
Simple: By working every day to ensure every customer feels the Above & Beyond difference.
Call us today to experience the difference and understand that we’re never going to settle with simply meeting your expectations.
We always go above and beyond what you expect from siding installation.